About Me

My photo
Indiana
I am married and a mother of 3. I started baking cakes about 10 years ago.I love seeing the look on a person's face when they see what I have created out of sugar.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Honey Bun Cake

Honey Bun Cake
This rich cake is a cross between a cinnamon roll and a honey bun.
Difficulty: Moderately Easy

Instructions

Things You'll Need: 

  • Cake 
  • 1 pkg Plain Yellow Cake Mix
  • 1 c Sour Cream
  • 3/4 c Vegetable Oil
  • 4 lg eggs
  • FILLING
  • 1/3 c Honey
  • 1/2 c light Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 c chopped pecans (chop finely)
  • SUGAR GLAZE
  • 2 c Confectioners' sugar, sifted
  • 1/3 c Milk
  • 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
  • also cooking spray for pan
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13X9 inch pan and set aside.
  2. Mix the cake mix, sour cream, oil and eggs in a mixing bowl and blend for 1 minute with an electric mixer. Stop and scrape the sides and beat an additional 2 minutes on medium speed. The batter will be thick. Pour into the pan and smooth it out with a rubber spatula.
  3. Add the filling to the top of the batter. Drizzle the honey, sprinkle the brown sugar and pecans. With a butter knife, swirl the ingredients lightly in the batter, do not mix it in.
  4. Bake for 38 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Mix the ingredients for the glaze and spread over the cake while it is hot. Allow cake to cool for 20 minutes before cutting.

1 comment:

  1. This close to what i did except for the filling I just sprinkled on brown sugar & cinnamon. I wish I would have thought to put the honey there. Its in the cake though. I didn't have a cake mix so I made one from scratch & replaced some of the sugar with honey.

    ReplyDelete